Stress is not fun, but everyone experiences it. Your body experiences stress when it’s put through any situation that brings about change. Stress is a normal part of life. However, an excessive amount is stress is what leads to burnout and health problems.
Everyone experiences stress, but our stress levels depend on our daily activities. Let’s consider parents with little children, for example. Kids keep you on your toes. Literally. There’s never a dull moment in my house with 3 boys under 7. If they’re not running around, they’re sliding down the steps, racing toys on the wood floors, or getting on each other’s nerves.
Most evening when we get home from work, Hubby and I are busy trying to get dinner ready, help with homework and get the kids in bed by 8:00 pm. Once the kids are in bed, I spend about 30 to 45 minutes
every night about three nights per week to de-stress in my own way.
Here are my TOP 5 Ways to unwind after a stressful day:
1) Start (or continue) a craft project
2) Exercise in my basement (cardio/weights)
3) Read an interesting book (not too interesting that I can’t put it down)
4) Listen to a broadcast/podcast (Joyce Meyer, Tony Evans, Focus on the Family, etc.)
5) Review and edit previously taken photographs
So, what are some ways you UNWIND after a long day?
Leave me a comment below.