Being mom is not an easy title. Moms are also known as cook, cleaner, maid, comforter, cuddler, educator, mentor, home nurse, advisor, CEO of the home, grocery and everything shopper, appointment scheduler, laundry attendant, hustler (hurry up, eat quickly,…), meal planner, driver, negotiator, toddler language translator, costume maker, lunch packer, and so much more.
Hats off to all you wonderful moms out there trying to do and be your best for your families. However, we need to take time out to treat and pamper yourself. Weekday evenings are the most draining for me because there’s always something to do. Get home from work, make dinner, get the kids to bed, clear the sink of dirty dishes, pack lunch for the next day and then try to relax for about an hour before going to bed. Without further ado, I share with you the list of things I try to do to relax before hitting the sack.
1) Paint your finger and toenails.
2) Attend an evening dance class, i.e Zumba.
3) Make a craft
4) Take a warm shower
5) Soak in a tub with a bath bomb
6) Rearrange a room in your house
7) Reorganize your closet
8) Listen to soft music
9) View old photographs
10) Write in a journal
11) Make a to-do list
12) Cuddle with your spouse
13) Do a full body stretch exercise
14) Get a body massage
15) Draw/paint a canvas
16) Play a game with your family
17) Read a book or complete a coloring book activity
18) Listen to a podcast of your favorite speaker
19) Finish a project that you’ve had your mind on for a while
20) De-clutter a room
21) Make a list of things you are thankful for
22) Watch the beautiful night sky
23) Search for a new lunch/dinner recipes
24) Get crafty/do a makeover
25) _____________________________ (Help! I need one more. Leave a comment)
I hope my list has helped you narrow down the possible activities to try tonight.
YES, why not start tonight?