I’m Abby – learning designer, wife, mom of boys, DIYer, home decoration enthusiast, and lover of all things creative. Loving the Simple Things is my place to share my love for design, home décor, my lifestyle and my experience as a content creator.
GET TO KNOW ME – 21 QUESTIONS
1. What is the meaning of your first name? I go by Abby, but my name is actually Abisola, a Nigerian (Yoruba name) and it means “born at a time of abundance”.
2. What was favorite subject(s) at school? Science, Math and Art; the reason I decided to major in Chemistry in undergrad.
3. What is your favorite beverage? I don’t really have a favorite drink but I like hot beverages in the cold months – flavored green tea and hot chocolate. Right I’m halfway through a 50 pack Mango Honey Green Tea tin I bought from TJ Maxx.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment? My favorite song at this moment is King of the World by Natalie Grant.
5.What is your favorite food? I am a picky eater in that I like a variety of foods, unlike my husband who does not mind eating the same thing over and over again. I try to cook a variety of dishes (American and Nigerian) weekly. Right now, I’m looking forward to cooking one of my kids’ favorite – Mixed Veggies Tuna Mac n Cheese.
6. What is the last thing you bought? The last thing I bought is not a thing but a bunch of things for jewelry making. I bought some beads and jewelry findings for a custom order necklace. Click here to view my collection of handmade jewelry.
7. Favorite book of all time? This is such a difficult question. I love to read and I just can’t award any one book my favorite of all time. I recently finished reading Joyce Meyer’s “Overload”, and bought 3 more of her books during the last week.
9. Do you have any pets? No. My kids are asking for a fish. I’m currently in the “thinking about it” phase of granting their wish.
10. Favorite Holiday? Any holiday that call for decorations.
11. Are you married? Yes. Been married for almost 9 years. Anniversary coming up soon! Yay!
12. How many siblings do you have? I have 3 siblings – two brothers and one sister. I’m the youngest.
13. What is your favorite shop? I love all the craft stores – A.C. Moore, Michaels and Joann Fabrics
14. Favorite restaurant? Green Turtle
15. When was the last time you cried? About 2 weeks ago. When I dropped my 6 year old off at school and didn’t have to escort him inside the school building/to his classroom. He was very excited and I thought to myself, OMG, He’s getting older! Tears drop from eyes..
16. Favorite Blog? I’m a lover of all DIY, Home décor, and craft blogs.
17. Favorite Movie? Mother’s Day. I love comedy/drama movies because I love to laugh and be entertained and. Life is too short to watch serious, suspense and scary movies. Although I watch them occasionally when hubby really wants to.
19. PC or Mac? PC
20. How tall are you? 5’5″
21. Can you cook? Yes. I like to try new recipes and bake as well.
See what I’m pinning on Pinterest?
Recent Blog Posts
Guess who has joined the competition for unique and budget-friendly type furniture? Target! Yes, you heard that right! Your one-stop shop for everything home decor and home organization has started carrying Scandinavian decor! See below for a few inspiration sets! This post contain affiliate links. See policies for more information. Explore these items by clicking … Continue reading Scandinavian Living Room Decor from Target
Want floating shelves without the hassle of buying all the tools and materials needed to build a few from scratch? Check out these alternatives that require absolutely no tools, materials or building!
Simple and budget-friend;y DIY boho woven pillows. Learn how to sew your own bohemian woven pillows.